Since February is Happy American Heart Month, then a burst of blue is the perfect way to help take care of your heart. Blueberries can help to improve cardiovascular health, according to a recent research study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The study revealed that when adults with metabolic syndrome (factors that raise a person’s risk for heart disease and other health problems) ate one cup of fresh blueberries everyday there were significant improvements in heart health.
To read these findings and more information on blueberries, visit the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council website here. Enjoy your blueberries, your heart will thank you.
- ½ cup coconut flavored yogurt (can substitute vanilla yogurt)
- 4 multi-grain tortilla wraps (10-inch)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups blueberries (use frozen, thawed and rinsed, if fresh not available)
- 1 cup granola
- Spread yogurt down along the center of each tortilla, leaving a small border on both ends.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Top with blueberries and granola.
- Fold up the bottom of tortilla over the filling, then fold in sides and roll up like a burrito.