SCW is always looking for that new upcoming talented presenter! If you are Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Business Leader, Nutrition Lecturer or Aqua Teacher. All categories and disciplines are welcome to apply. Winning the title of SCW Fitness Idol is just the beginning. Each winner receives an assortment of career-boosting prizes.
Each SCW Fitness Idol Winner receives:
What to Expect / How to Plan:
The audition is only 3-minutes, on stage, filled with creativity and inspiration. No set choreography or overly rehearsed presentation is required – it’s just you and the stage! Whether it’s cardio, strength or some other choreography, the key is motivation and confidence. Your presentation can include movement, lecture or a combination and equipment isn’t required. The judges are looking for quality verbal and visual cuing techniques plus the ability to lead the group and connect with the participants. It’s that simple!
Bring your students, friends, and family along to support you during the Fitness Idol Contest. These individuals can follow you on the ground in a simulated class while you teach from the stage! SCW can help you with your music and if special equipment is required just let us know.
All entries are accepted! WALK-INS WELCOME!
August 25-27, 2023
Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2023
November 3-5, 2023
February 23-25, 2024
March 22-24, 2024
May 3-5, 2024
July 19-21, 2024
1. Keep your routine to a maximum of 3 minutes. This INCLUDES your introduction. Sales pitches regarding programs or products are frowned upon.
2. Fitness Idol will take place in the event. We recommend that you check-in at least 20 minutes early at the SCW Registration desk. They will supply you with the room location.
3. Bring your own music (if needed) with you either on an iPod/iPhone/MP3 Player/CD. You must test your music BEFORE the competition and turn your phone on airplane mode when you compete.
4. Dress in comfortable, appropriate and professional attire. There are no specific requirements.
5. Be ready to use a microphone like you would in a regular MANIA® presentation. Please arrive early to test the microphone. SCW will supply a black microphone belt, but please feel free to bring your own.
6. Be ready to present from a stage in front of not only our judges, but an audience of your peers, as well.
7. Feel free to bring back up exercisers including fellow instructors, your students or your friends. They can simply watch from the audience (seating is provided) or workout out with you on the stage or from the ground below. There is typically only room for a maximum of 4 back-ups on the stage, and we recommend only 2.
8. Please make sure that your supporters register at www.scwfit.com/expo (whether they are in the audience or performing with you). All attendee badges must be picked up at SCW Registration prior to the contest. They will not be admitted to the room without this badge.
9. If you do not win, you can always still apply to present at www.scwfit.com/presenter.